Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Change of Plans

Initially my Picture Project was going to consist of taking a picture a day and uploading it on here and my flickr stream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelnbond/. After just a little over a month, I realized this just wasn't going to happen.  Every day I would search for something new and interesting to take a picture of, which seemed to just get harder and harder.  My days are pretty routine - go to work, go home.  Weekends were a lot easier, but what about the other 5 days ?!? It didn't help that the days were still pretty short and it was dark by the time I got home everyday.   I began to resent getting my camera out, just to photograph something silly just so I could say I took a picture.  And then I would have to post it for anyone to see, and I would be slightly embarrassed.  So I just stopped taking my camera out, and I stopped posting daily pictures.

I would still whip out my camera if something inspired me or if a photo opp presented itself.  I began to start going through my archives on my laptop, and edit ones I never got to, which made me happy.  I finally had time to do that since I began the "project."   I just needed a little break!  So now the pressure was off and photography was back on :)   I plan on going back and uploading some pictures from the past month (you can see what I have been up to by going to my flickr stream).  They might be a picture I took last year, or it might be a flower that just bloomed today.  I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers