Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Resolutions

I'm Rachel-a daughter, sister, wife, aunt, avid dog lover, and I one day hope to add photographer to the list.  My photography journey began in January of 2010 and I haven't looked back.  I love how photography has really opened my eyes and my soul.  I can now find beauty in the simplest of things. Something ordinary and often overlooked is now something beautiful and needs to be captured. 

Photography is challenging, and I find it rewarding to look back and see the progress I have made and pinpoint where I need to improve.  So this morning, I have made a list of 6 resolutions for 2011.

My 2011 Photography Resolutions

1.  365 Project
     This one is going to be difficult to stick to, but is why I started this blog.  I needed a place to showcase   my pictures and encourage me to keep going.  I know it will be extremely rewarding in the end.

2.  Go OUT and shoot
     I have realized I am limiting my photography by not going out and finding new locations to photograph.  Many of my photos in 2010 were shot in my house or backyard.  And although, I have gotten some really great pictures at home, I am truley missing out by not getting out.

3.  Think before shooting
     Many of my favorite pictures are ones I took on accident.  This is good and bad.  No thinking was done prior to shooting-I just point and clicked.  My goal for 2011 is to really think about what I want viewers (or just me) to see.  I want to take a vision in my mind and be able to capture it.

4.  Learn as much as I can
     There is so much to learn about photography, and I have just barely scratched the surface.  I want to read all I can, attend workshops, and really challenge myself to become a better photographer.

5.  Find my Style
     I am envious when I look at photographer's websites and flickr photostreams and see a certain style and consistency throughout there photos.  I want that.

6.  Print my photos and create albums
     I have not printed a picture since 2007.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  They do no good sitting on my computer.  

1/365

The road leading to a goal does not separate you from the destination; it is essentially a part of it.  ~Charles DeLint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers