Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2

Well, technically it is still Day 1 of my blog, but I didn't want to get behind on my Project 365.  Here is my 2nd shot of the year.  I have to admit this was taken last year on December 28th, but I just processed it today, and felt like that counted.  I have been playing around with textures, and still trying to figure out which photos they work best on and how to incorporate them into the photo.  Hopefully I'll see an improvement in my processing as the year goes on.  I take a lot of shortcuts in PSE, and I hope that by the end of this year, I won't need those shortcuts anymore.  That is a very big goal, because is not my number one priority for this year.  I want to improve my shots and be pleased with them before I edit them. 

I like this shot because it feels dreamy and ethereal to me and I like the tones.  I know it is not technically perfect (I kind of blew off the rule of 3rds), but it's okay.  I took this in my Dad's backyard, and was a plant that is half dead.  Like I said in my first post, photography allows me to find beauty in the most ordinary things.  This is an example. 

2/365

Beauty comes as much from the mind as from the eye.  ~Grey Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers